Plan to attend this year’s Summer Retreat for laughter, good discussions, creative projects, productive sewing, and wonderful restaurants to choose from for meals. Join our QAQG friends for 3 wonderful days of quilting.
- When: August 4 – August 6 (9 am – 7:30 pm on Friday and Saturday; 9 am to 5 pm on Sunday)
- Where: The Presser Foot, 2430 Main Street, Longmont
- Cost: $50 for 3 days of blissful sewing with your friends
- Registration: Registration is open June 1 on the form below.
Details: The retreat will not have shared meals, projects, or favors and will have only a few prizes. Nearby there are many restaurants, fast food outlets, and a grocery store to satisfy all appetites. We have discovered that Longmont has quite a number of interesting restaurants with a variety of cuisine. You can come and go as you please. Your machine will be in a locked room overnight at the Presser Foot. And you get to go home to sleep in the comfort of your own bed! (Unless you want to make it a true retreat, you can consider booking a room at a hotel in Longmont for the night!)
- The sewing room setup will feature a 6-ft table for each quilter.
- There will be ironing stations with full-size steam irons. Please do not bring a personal travel iron for your table (or risk tripping fuses and losing electricity).
- There will be cutting tables with mats. Please bring your own rotary cutter and rulers.
- Design boards will be available.
- There is overhead lighting but you may want to bring an additional light.
- Cushions on the folding chairs are helpful.
- A table for shared snacks will be available.
Those who wish to fit in field trips to quilt stores in the area have several to pick from, including our venue, The Presser Foot, Maggie’s, Lyons Quilt Store, and a couple of stores in Loveland.
Snacks. We will have a shared snack table, with no restrictions on packaging this year. So bring yummies to share. Presser Foot has a SMALL fridge in the workroom. There is also a water dispenser for hot or cold water.
Cancellations. Cancellations with a refund will be allowable until July 7, 2023. After that date, refunds will be given only if a member takes your place.
The Retreat Team. Linda Baar, Joy Brecht, Karen Downs, and Debbie O’Hara, are planning some quick and fun activities. We look forward to sewing with you! Direct questions to Karen Downs at Summer Retreat.